The “georacing” device is used again this year. The objective is to allow Internet users and viewers to follow the prologue and the stages of the Tour de Martinique in round skiffs in real time.
VSEach round skiff is equipped with a GPS chip and another GSM to transmit the exact position of each crew in real time.
Alongside our technical teams, a coordinator and two operators from a company specializing in visual effects, process the information.
Internet users will be able to follow the progress of their favorite skiff on our website, and viewers will have an innovative view.
This real-time geolocation system, often used for water sports, had already been used during the Tour editions in 2016 and 2019.
The race map will be available from the start of the prologue.
- Sunday July 31 at 10:45 a.m. : Prologue Vauclin / Vauclin
- Monday, August 1 at 9:45 a.m. : stage 1 – Vauclin / Robert
- Tuesday, August 2 at 9:45 a.m. : stage 2 – Robert / Trinity
- Wednesday, August 3 at 8:45 a.m. : stage 3 – Trinidad / Saint-Pierre
- Thursday, August 4 at 9:45 a.m. : stage 4 – Saint-Pierre / Fort-de-France
- Friday, August 5 at 9:45 a.m. : stage 5 – Fort-de-France / Diamond
- Saturday August 6 at 9:45 a.m. : stage 6 – Diamant / Rivière-Pilote
- Sunday, August 7 at 8:45 a.m. : stage 7 – Rivière-Pilote / Le François